Saturday, January 08, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Happy New Year, and all the best to everybody! Thank you all for being by my side, for reading my blog, for commenting it every day, and for giving me your feedback, which is very important to me. I wish you a wonderful year ahead, and may all your dreams come true!

I got a Stylish Blogger Award from my fellow blogger Lidia. Thank you Lidia, I appreciate it and it means a lot to me. I’m really happy you like my blog.

What I have to do in order to accept the award, is to share 7 things about myself, and to nominate 15 fashion bloggers for the Stylish Blogger Award. Here are the facts:

1. My family is the most important to me. I absolutely adore my Baby Alex, who is the sweetest boy in the world (I know any mother would say so about her own child, but still he really IS the sweetest boy in the world). He is 16 months now, and he makes unbelievable progresses each day. Yesterday, for instance, he learned at kindergarten how to sing a song and how to clap and move to the rhythm of the song. I am the happiest mom in the world! My husband is wonderful and very supportive, and I want to thank him for being him, for being by my side, for unconditionally loving me. I am really the luckiest woman in the world.

2. I have a great group of friends who love me and whom I love. We share many things in common, we do a lot of wonderful and exciting things together (like partying, skiing…). During my pregnancy they treated me like a princess, and I have to admit I tremendously enjoyed it! Also, they told me many times that they love my writing, which is really important to me. Thank you guys for being my friends, and thank you for all your support!

3. I have a pet – my sweet cat Noire, to whom I am very attached. She is an old lady already, 11 years of age, but she is still in good shape, and she gets along with my Baby Alex very well, even though sometimes Alex “steps on her toe”, but she’s nice and won’t give attitude.

4. I love fashion, I love to write, and I love to write about fashion. I started this blog a year ago, and since then I expanded my writing portfolio to different online publications (links on the top of the page).

5. Besides blogging about fashion, I also enjoy reading very much. My favorites are chick-lit books. My favorite authors are Sophie Kinsella, Candace Bushnell, Lauren Weisberger, Emily Giffin, Jane Green and other writers.

6. I met Sophie Kinsella and Lauren Weisberger last year, when they came to Toronto to launch their latest books. I couldn’t possibly miss such opportunities! I got autographs from Lauren Weisberger on my copies of her books, and I had the opportunity to chat with her a bit, and to take a few pictures. Last year I joined Candace Bushnell’s online community at CandaceBushnell.ning.com, where I published a few articles about her books, and she told me she loved them, a feedback that is really important to me.

7. My other big hobby is traveling. My favorite travel destination is Paris, where I actually spent a great vacation a couple of years ago. I hope I will go to Paris again!

Stylish Blogger Award

Andreea’s Land

Birmingham Lady


Blog de Americanca

La Bohème

Colour Me Pretty

Ema Stil

Fashion Doctor

From Mona with Gloss

Full Closet but Nothing to Wear

The Girl Behind the Fashion Mask

Lily Bijoux

My Butterfly

Pixxie’s Shares


The Provocative Couture

Thrill of the Heel

Congratulations, everyone! Each and every of these fashion blogs is fabulous, and I enjoy reading you all every day. Just like the bloggers before me did, this is not an order, and everyone got the same award (that’s why I listed the blogs in alphabetical order). If you want to accept and post the award, please post a link to my blog, nominate your 15 favorite bloggers for the award, and share 7 interesting things about you.

Yours truly,
Victoria West.

21 comments:

  1. I usually don't like bling-bling words (though i'm good in creating opulent descriptions), so i'll try not to let my enthusiasm and joy overcome my moderation and sense of the beautiful simplicity. BUT i'm really happy and thrilled since i never ever got such an award before,it's just that i don't know if i really deserve it since i'm only trying to capture and adjust to my physical and financial features nice things and mixtures i see on fashion blogs. I often say that class comes from birth, not from Vogue :) Well, i'm kind of a cinderella who tries to shape and curve some rough gestures and features she inherited....i'll never be the girl who puts on a pair of jeans, converse and simple white t-shirt and gets to look stunning, so i can only try to put on cute clothes and makeup :)
    Big hugs, i really enjoyed being on this list...
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramona, thank you for stopping by. You are absolutely right, class comes from birth, not from Vogue (I really love it :)).
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks a lot!!!
    And I give you a beauty quote: “It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly.” (Oscar Wilde)
    Hugs and kisses!
    :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and kisses here too, Ema! Loved your quote. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multumesc pentru premiu, sunt magulita ca te-ai gandit la mine
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buna Butterfly, ma bucur sa te vad. :) Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Multumeeeeesc pentru premiu ! Este foarte special avand in vedere ca vine tocmai din Toronto :) Te pupic !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the 7 thighs you shared! And that is a lovely name for a cat!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hei!
    Multumesc din suflet pentru premiu, promit ca o sa scriu despre el in urmatoarea postare!
    Sorry for getting back to you so late:">

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Multumesc mult pentru premiu, chiar nu ma asteptam... Apreciez foarte mult ca sunt pe aceasta lista! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pixxie, ma bucur ca ti-am facut o placere, te pupic si eu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ioana Liliana, thank you for stopping by and for your nice comment, and thank you for saying that about the 7 things. :)
    As to the cat, her name is Noire because she's black, of course (well, anybody could figure that). We didn't have her from the very beginning, we got her 5 years ago (when she was 6 years of age), from someone who couldn't keep her anymore, and so we adopted her. And I had a similar reaction when I first learned her name -- what a beautiful name for a cat! :) I got attached to her instantly, including due to her name, which I loved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andreea si Mona, bine ati venit pe blog, ma bucur sa va vad. Mi-a facut si mie o mare placere. :) Va pup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SI eu iti multumesc tare mult pentru premiu! Voi posta pe blog maine despre el. :*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buna Boheme Fille, cu multa placere! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear Victoria, thank you so much for the award. I just posted it on my blog! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're very welcome my dear. :) I saw it on your blog, thank you for your kind words about me. :) Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cu placere Lily! :)

    Hello again everyone, I'm really glad you checked back for the award, and thank you for awarding it further to other stylish bloggers. Kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for the award! so sweet of you!xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!