Wednesday, January 17, 2024

POEM: The Antiques Shop

I’m on a road trip.
A journey of discovery.
I drive through the winding roads of the countryside.
On my way across the country,
I stumble upon a charming little town that seems almost frozen in time.
I am intrigued by its quaint atmosphere.
I decide to explore its streets on foot.
It doesn’t take long for a unique storefront to catch my eye.
It’s an antiques shop with a faded sign that reads “The Attic with the Memories”.

The moment I step inside,
A rush of nostalgia envelops me.
The shop is a treasure trove of forgotten artifacts,
Each of them whispering stories of days long gone.
Among the dusty shelves,
I spot an old journal,
Its leather cover showing signs of age.
I open it,
And a delicate handwriting from the sixties dances before my eyes,
Revealing the heartfelt words of a young woman in love.

Enthralled by the mysterious woman’s enchanting story,
I find myself lost in her world.
With each turn of the yellowed pages,
I become a witness to her hopes, dreams, and struggles.
Her words transport me to a time when love was innocent,
Handwritten letters were cherished,
And every emotion held a profound weight.
I can’t resist taking this precious memento home.
I will forever be captivated by the life and love of its owner.
Amid my road trip,
I am grateful that I have found a profound connection to a young woman who once walked these streets,
Penning her heart into this now-treasured journal which I will cherish like a priceless gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!