Friday, July 21, 2023

POEM: The Days of the Week

My feelings have different colors on the different days of the week.

Monday.
I feel dark blue.
I mourn the weekend and I battle the proverbial blues.
So blue, that it’s dark blue.
Just a shade short of black.

Tuesday.
Still blue.
But it’s a lighter blue.
And my spirit feels less gloomy.

Wednesday.
Green.
It’s the middle of the week and I feel fresh, hopeful, and inspired.

Thursday.
Red.
The weekend is just around the corner, and I fire up.

Friday.
My favorite day of the week.
The anticipation of the weekend.
Sometimes the anticipation of joy is even more enjoyable than joy itself.
Just like waiting for Christmas.
I feel about Friday the same way as I feel about the first three weeks of December.
Friday night brings joie de vivre.
And my Friday is turquoise.
My favorite color.
The color of the sea.
The most beautiful color of them all.

Saturday is orange.
Bright and hot orange.

And Sunday is even brighter.
The brightest day of the week.
Sunday yellow.
Bright yellow.
Sunny yellow.
From my book of poetry Sunset in Toronto, page 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!