Wednesday, July 05, 2023

POEM: Emotional

I am a human being, 
I am a woman, 
I have emotions. 
Sometimes I am emotional, 
Sometimes very emotional. 
You shouldn’t hold it against me. 
My emotions are part of the human me. 
It’s a feature, not a weakness. 
You should know that I can do my job just as well 
Regardless of the level of emotions 
That I experience on any given day. 
“You’re too emotional” should not be a conversation to be had 
In a human resources office. 
Where does “You’re emotional” end 
And where does “You’re too emotional” begin? 
Who has the right to decide for me 
How much of my emotional is too emotional? 
If you deal with human resources, 
Then you should know that emotions are human. 
You should not treat me dismissively for being emotional, 
Or very emotional.

~~~~~~~~~~

From my book of poetry Sunset in Toronto, page 47.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!