Sunday, July 24, 2016

How to Pull off the Boyfriend Shorts Look

Bridesmaid Dresses London
I have shared with you on previous occasions that I like to dress outside the box. One way to do it is to wear some clothes beyond their original scope, when their design allows it. As such, I wore dresses as skirts and skirts as tops. Another way to dress outside the box is to let yourself inspired by your boyfriend’s wardrobe, and I wore some of my husband’s shirts and T-shirts as my own, and I created feminine outfits while incorporating a masculine piece in those outfits, that is a shirt or a T-Shirt

Today I am venturing into my husband’s wardrobe again, and I would like to share with you how I wore his shorts to create the boyfriend shorts look. This summer I didn’t bother to buy new shorts, because I figured I could wear some of my husband’s. The rule is the same – keep one masculine element in your outfit, while the other pieces should be feminine, to achieve a balanced look, so I combined the boyfriend shorts with a feminine top. Remember, you want to be inspired by your boyfriend’s/husband’s wardrobe, not look like him.

Last week we took the RV outside the city, for a quiet and relaxing weekend outdoors. I must say I totally enjoy our weekends with the RV – I can press “pause” on everything for two or three days. I don’t have to worry about anything, about any work to do, or about house chores; I don’t have to clean the house or do laundry, I don’t even have to cook! And that’s because while we’re outdoors with the RV, we mostly grill and cook steaks for meals, and it’s my husband who takes care of the barbeque, hence the cooking is mostly up to him during our RV weekends. Pure bliss! I can totally relax during these weekends, and I enjoy myself by watching a movie or reading a book, which are almost luxuries during my day-to-day life, as I never seem to have time for a book or a movie, so at least I try to enjoy them as much as I can during our RV weekends. And we also get to play with our RZR. :) My son Alex is also very happy when we do these weekends with the RV and the RZR.
What I am showing you today is a very casual and laid back look that I adopted for a weekend outdoors with our RV, in the green of nature, far away from the city noise and day-to-day craziness. As you can see, I don't have any jewelry, considering that I spent this weekend in the woods, so I thought jewelry would be unnecessary for this outfit. However, you can totally make such an outfit look even classier by adding jewelry to a boyfriend shorts look, when about town on a weekend. Shorts don't have to be worn in the woods only, they can totally be worn for a weekend in town when going out to a movie for instance. In fact, I did wear the boyfriend shorts look on a weekend when my son and I went out to see a movie earlier this summer (the new Angry Birds movie), and I added jewelry and accessories to my outfit -- necklaces and bracelets, and a nice purse and high heels of course.

My outfit: 
Top – Cleo 
Shorts – husband’s 
Running shoes – Nike 
White socks – Walmart 
Eyewear – Oakley

Photo credit: Victoria West

19 comments:

  1. Chiar e un outfit foarte chic pentru iesiri de genul asta. Ce tare ca iesiti cu rulota. Pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc Butterfly, ma bucur ca iti place. :)
      Sa ai o saptamana frumoasa!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Suvarna, yes I had a great time. :)))
      I'm glad you like it. :)
      Have a great week ahead!
      Xoxo,

      Delete
  3. You look great! hope you had an amazing time there:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, thank you for reading, I'm glad you like it.
      Welcome to my blog if this is your first time here, please come again. :)
      Yes I would like us to follow each other, I'll check out your blog.
      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  4. Great post dear,seems like you had a lot of fun! Those boyfriend shorts look good on you :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it.
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, please come again. :)
      Have a great day!
      Xoxo,

      Delete
  5. Cool! I like your photos)

    Welcome to my blog - http://bezdushna.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iana, thank you for visiting and for sharing your blog, I'll check it out. :)
      Cheers,

      Delete
  6. frumoasa distractie, comoda tinuta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc Coco. :) A fost o tinuta perfecta pentru acest gen de distractie. :)
      Sa ai o zi frumoasa!

      Delete
  7. Great blog dear.
    Please follow my blog, then I will follow you : http://ivafdiary.blogspot.com/#_=_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iva, welcome to my blog if this is your first time here, please come again. :)
      Yes I would like us to follow each other, I'll check out your blog.

      Delete
  8. thanx for sharring sweety
    http://dressedwithimen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool and laid back look, perfect for this time of year. Hope you had a great time, Victoria.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenya, appreciate your feedback, I'm so glad you like it. :)
      It's always great seeing you.
      We had an amazing time!
      Kisses from me as well and please come again. :)
      Enjoy your day!
      Xoxo,

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!