Thursday, July 21, 2016

The New Katy Perry for CoverGirl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks

Recently, while browsing this summer’s fashion magazines, I found out that Katy Perry launched a new makeup collection in collaboration with CoverGirl, called Katy Kat – 13 shades of matte lipsticks and two shades of mascara, black and blue.
The matte lipsticks had my attention instantly. I am a woman who is constantly on the go, and I adopt the makeup strategies which are the least time consuming. To that regard, I use my favorite lipstick on a usual basis, which I call my signature lipstick, and which I discovered a few years ago and have used constantly ever since – a particular pink shade from Rimmel London, Kiss 036. I always have this lipstick in my purse, ALWAYS, as my signature lipstick. Obviously, I also have other lipsticks and lipglosses in my makeup bag, for other occasions, or for whenever I feel like using a different lipstick, but this Kiss from Rimmel London lipstick is a product that I use most frequently. I like its color which is just the right amount of intense and color pigment, and I like its texture – very soft on the lips. And it's very easy to apply, which saves me time in the morning. The only downside of this lipstick is that it doesn’t last for long, so I have to apply it every two hours or so, but it doesn’t bother me, and I still appreciate it for its other qualities.

So, here I was, browsing a fashion magazine and reading about this new makeup collection by Katy Perry inspired by cats. Katy Perry is a very kitty girl, isn’t she? Very much like me, as my cat Niles looks exactly like Katy Perry’s cat from this collection’s campaign ad, black with short hair, only my Niles is an adult cat and not a kitty, and he’s got green eyes and not blue. I am a declared cat person.
Katy Perry and kitty
My cat Niles
I loved those matte lipsticks, and I wanted some for me, so I decided to replenish my lipstick collection with a couple of these beauties. Surely I can get a new signature lipstick, besides that Kiss lipstick from Rimmel, can’t I?

Yesterday I had a few appointments downtown Toronto, and while on my way to one of them (a fashion event on Front Street, and I’ll tell you more about it soon), I stopped at a drug store and bought two new lipsticks from Katy Perry’s collection for CoverGirl, Magenta Minx KP03 and Kitty Purry KP07. Then I went to the said fashion event, where I spent about an hour. After that, I had a break of about 30 minutes until my next appointment, so I decided to spend that extra half an hour in a Starbucks coffee shop next door. And I could hardly wait to try on my new Katy Perry matte lipsticks.

I went to Starbucks to have a coffee; my favorite and usual hot drink is black coffee. I always have it the same way – black with one sugar, regardless where I buy it, be it Starbucks or Tim Hortons or any other coffee shop. And I always have coffee for a hot drink. I don’t buy tea, or latte, or cappuccino, or frappucino, or any other …cinos, or any other hot drinks for that matter, and that’s because black coffee is my best way to boost my energy level and to help me keep up through the day. So this time I was in that Starbucks coffee shop on Front Street and I almost bought my usual black coffee with one sugar, but then while waiting in line, I thought what a heck, let’s shake things up a bit, why don’t I try something else instead of my usual coffee. So I went for a latte instead. It feels good to do it differently for a change every now and again, be it a new lipstick or a new hot drink.
My afternoon treat. And look, the barista made me a little heart in the latte, how cute. :)
And of course, my new lipsticks! Time to try them on.
I only tried one of them in fact, the Kitty Purry (the one in the right in the above pics). Then I almost finished my latte, and it was time to go to my next appointment, a couple of blocks away, on Yonge Street. I finished my coffee on the go, but this time I was wearing my new Katy Perry lipstick, the Kitty Purry shade.
Not so matte after all, I'm afraid. :)
Why it doesn’t surprise me? But what can one expect for $12 apiece? An absolutely non-transferrable lipstick is my holy grail which I am yet to find, and surely it won’t be just $12 when I do find it. 

However, I was too quick to judge. I went on about my day, I had the last appointment downtown yesterday afternoon, then I went home. Hours later, the lipstick was still on my lips, and I didn’t have to reapply it every two hours like it happens with my old signature lipstick from Rimmel London. Here’s a selfie of mine from yesterday afternoon in my car, close to 5 PM. My lipstick is still on, and it really lasted for hours.
In the end, I do like my new Katy Perry for CoverGirl Katy Kat Matte new lipsticks. So ok, it’s not an absolutely non-transferrable lipstick like a lipstick holy grail is supposed to be, but it’s still a good lipstick. I haven’t tried the other one yet, the Magenta Minx shade, but I trust it will be as good. Here’s to my new signature lipstick, and maybe to my new favorite hot drink.

Photo credit: Victoria West & Google Images

12 comments:

  1. Niles is cute, those eyes.Lipsticks, I have collection and I use only one.I feel comfortable with it.It is me.It was since always like that, I dont like to change lipsticks.But it is really nice story.Girls know about thier signature lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maja, thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment, I'm glad you liked the story. So true about signature lipsticks! :)
      Please come again, enjoy your day!
      Xoxo,

      Delete
  2. You can give a try Kylie Jenner Matte Lip Kit. It is pretty good! From my experience, it is absolutely a non-transferable lipstick, but you might need a make-up remover to remove it :)

    x
    treatu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie for your recommendation, sounds good, I'll look it up.
      Thanks for visiting and welcome to my blog if this is your first time here, please come again. :)

      Delete
  3. Ce nuante frumoase ti-ai ales, exact preferatele mele. Si ambalajul e chic. :D Sa stii ca si mie imi place cafeaua black(fara zahar insa), dar cand merg la Sturbucks aleg ceva cu lapte, zahar inghetata sau ce-o mai fi. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buna Nice, ma bucur sa te vad din nou si multumesc pentru vizita. Si pe mine m-a impresionat ambalajul desi n-am spus nimic neaparat in articol despre ambalaj, ci doar despe rujurile in sine, dar imi place ca ambalajele sunt fabricate dintr-un material plastic care iti da senzatia de matte. Rujurile fiind matte, e grozav ca si ambalajul l-au facut in asa fel incat sa corespunda cu continutul.

      Delete
  4. lipsticks its nice https://bysinkj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luda, thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment.
      It's nice seeing you, please come again. :)
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!