Friday, June 30, 2023

POEM: First Date

I kissed you on our first date. 
Your kiss tasted like honey. 
I was looking into your eyes. 

Why did you kiss me on our first date? 
I kissed you because I was infatuated with you. 
But why don’t you like that I kissed you on our first date? 

Why were you looking into my eyes? 
Why didn’t you close your eyes when you kissed me? 
I wanted to connect with you. 
But why don’t you like that I looked into your eyes when I kissed you? 

My old girlfriend was always closing her eyes when she was kissing me. 
But I’m not your old girlfriend. 
Why do you want me to be like your old girlfriend? 

What if I wanted to make love to you on our first date?

~~~~~~~~~~

From my book of poetry Sunset in Toronto, page 39.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!