Monday, June 19, 2023

POEM: Love Letter

My dear beloved, 
We are far away from each other, 
But my thoughts are always with you. 
My heart is always beating for you. 
The distance between us is all so painful, 
And I am waiting impatiently for the happy day when we can see each other again. 
I dream about you every night. 
The dreams are so vivid that they make me feel that you are next to me, 
That I can touch you. 
And then I wake up in the morning in cold disappointment that it was just a dream, 
That what I was touching was just the pillow on the other side of the bed, 
And I am bound to spend yet another day without you by my side. 
I wish I could find the magic to transport myself into the dream world where I can always be with you,
Where nothing can stand between us. 
But one day soon we will be together again, 
And nothing indeed will stand between us. 
My treacherous dreams will turn into a happy reality. 
And when I wake up in the morning, 
You will be truly there next to me, 
Kissing me, 
Hugging me, 
Loving me. 
My heart belongs to you, 
And I will never stop loving you. 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

From my book "Sunset in Toronto", page 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!