Friday, December 08, 2023

NEW: "Things I Don’t Share on Social Media", a Journal

My dear friends and readers, I have some exciting news to share today. Recently I created a new journal, titled "Things I Don't Share on Social Media", and now it is available on Amazon! 😊

The journal has the following features:
- Paperback, glossy cover;
- Size 8.5" x 5.5";
- 160 lined pages, featuring selected lines from my poetry every 10 pages.

Amazon description:

"Things I Don't Share on Social Media" is the first journal created by Canadian writer and poet Victoria West, author of the poetry collection "Sunset in Toronto". Interspersed with verses from Victoria's poems, this beautifully designed journal will be a happy place for those who love recording their thoughts and feelings in the form of journaling and a perfect starting place for aspiring writers.
For more information on Victoria West's work, please visit VictoriaWest.net or follow her on Instagram @victoria_west_and_books.

I am a long-time journaler, and journaling has always been a therapeutic and cathartic practice for me, always helping my mental health stay the strongest. My fondness for the healing practice of journaling has been behind the idea of creating a new journal for those like me, who love expressing their thoughts, feelings, and emotions on paper.

The cover of the journal features a beach from Cuba -- it's located in the Holguin province in the Eastern part of Cuba, and the reason why I selected this image to be the cover of my newly created journal is because it was a place of peace and serenity for me when I went there, on one of my previous vacations to Cuba from a few years ago. On that particular day, when I found myself at the beach, there was no one else in sight, a rare opportunity in exotic places like Cuba. From all my exotic vacations at the seaside or oceanside from over the years, I had very few opportunities to have the beach all to myself and take pictures like this one, with no other humans in sight. And this was one such occasion, when I was by myself on this beautiful tropical beach, and when I could take this serene, calm, and peaceful picture, which is now the cover of my new journal -- a serene, calm, and peaceful place where one can record one's thoughts and feelings, undisturbed.
"Things I Don't Share on Social Media" journal -- front cover
"Things I Don't Share on Social Media" journal -- back cover
This is the picture taken in Cuba, in March 2018, that inspired the cover for the journal
The journal "Things I Don't Share on Social Media" is available on Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, as well as all the other Amazon sites around the world. Please check it out, and I hope you will enjoy your writing experience!

Photo credit: Victoria West

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!